Heaters wont raise temp ad needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well without a purchase of a third heater I am at 85.6 degrees. Will this kill ICH? I have only ever done it with salt but I dot want to kill my plants or my Pleco

I might be ok....

"It has been found that Ich does not infect new fish at 29.4°C/85°F (Johnson, 1976), stops reproducing at 30°C/86°F (Dr. Nick St. Erne, DVM, pers. comm.), and dies at 32°C/89.5°F (Meyer, 1984), [1]"

Awe fugit I am just going to get another heater... Like another 40$ is anything compared to what I have already spent in the 4 tanks I have had this past year.

Dwohlge1 said:
Awe fugit I am just going to get another heater... Like another 40$ is anything compared to what I have already spent in the 4 tanks I have had this past year.

Get a BIG powerful one rated for a much larger tank (maybe 100g?) and that should work. Fingers crossed!

Yeah thanks for the help all.

Kinda worried about my BN hope he can take the heat for the next 10 days.

New to this whole tropical thing.

Dwohlge1 said:
Yeah thanks for the help all.

Kinda worried about my BN hope he can take the heat for the next 10 days.

New to this whole tropical thing.

He should be ok. They are pretty tough. 3 I have in my 70g survived an outbreak I cured with just heat.

Id just get a heater rated for a 40-50g and call it a day, unless your using a bubble filter you should have good circulation off your filter.

Back
Top Bottom