Heating water before going in the aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weagle117

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need to purchase a heater for my already mixed RO water before putting it in my aquarium. I keep my system on a porch area and the water is much cooler than the aquarium water. I've used aquarium heaters but they haven't helped much. I would like something larger (fast) that I don't have to keep plugged in all the time (I mix my water in advance). I was thinking about searching camping equipment..... I have not been able to find this question using search so I'm guessing not a lot of people have this issue. I live near the Gulf Coast so the temp never gets really cold...... unless it's time to do a water change. If anyone knows of something that would work (not necessarily aquarium equipment) I'd appreciate the input.

Allied Precision Bucket Heater at Blain's Farm & Fleet

I run one in a 150 gallon tub outdoors in Chicago. It extends my outdoor aquatic fun from April well into September. I run it with a heat controller, start with a few trios of platys in spring & have hundreds by fall.

It will heat fast, I've kept that tub at 90F when it was 30F outside, a bit of rigged insulation helped with that, along with a friend with 50 free cichlids. That was an adventure, March, and it was still snowing out. No controller, moving blankets & duct tape.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you for your fast reply! AND you were so kind to have included the link! I have already placed my order and I can't wait to get it! They said to expect it by Jan 17th. In south Alabama we don't have much need for bucket heaters.... In fact, I've never heard of one. My next stop (right after camping equipment) was going to be a pool supply store- as suggested by the guy at the camping store:) I can only imagine how expensive that would be.
Again, thank you so much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom