hello and HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancientaqua0223

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everybody!! I am new to this site and a new aquarist in general. i have a 75 gal. tank 4 damsels, 1 yellow tang, 1 korean angel, 1 flame angel, 1 radient wrasse, 2 blood red shrimp, and a red knobb starfish.
yesterday i noticed that my red knobb starfish was missing two of its top spikes, one on the floor of the aqarium, the other slightly attached to its body. today when i observed my aquarium , both spikes were detached, along with two others (they were smaller spikes than the first two though). Looking closely i noticed a cobweb like strands (literally cobweb) on (but not completly covering) its body. the starfish is still moving but is slightly soft and has open wound like areas where the spikes fell off.
i think that possibly the Radient wrasse (due to the fact that its the only carnivore in the tank and its hungry because i recently ran out of frozen shrimp) is picking on the starfish.
I dont know what to do or if the starfish is showing signs of death or not.
any advice on what to do to help get my starfish back to good health, or what the cause of the problem is, would be great!
Please HELPP!!!

Usually wgen stars lose their spikes like your star and the chocolate chip star it`s usually for not so good water quality. They need excellent or pristine water parameters to survive. This is also true for the healing process. Get your wrasse some mysis or vitamin fortified brine so it will leave the star alone.

Back
Top Bottom