HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcala

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a tank from a fish store, fixed it all up, noticed there is a hole for some kind of filter on the back. My Penguin filter out flow is very loud because the water level is low. Any solutions! Can I modify the filter out ramp? Easy patch?

I have a tall decoration that my outflow pours onto. Makes it quieter IMO and looks like a miniature waterfall.

Can you post a picture to what it is for me please

Here are some pictures, I'd rather have a tall like he said

Attachments

• image-1766461932.jpg
    image-1766461932.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-336148952.jpg
    image-336148952.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2678452150.jpg
    image-2678452150.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 62
I wish i had that tank becuase that hole would make it perfect for a overflow and a sump under the tank. For your issue, try to rig something up to the outlate to guide it better to the water so it just dont splash on the water. I know this might look getto but cut part of a pcp pipe the water flows into that leading to the water at a angle

To plug the hole, first measure the diameter of the hole and then go to a hardware store, garden center, or pool supply shop. Look for a bulkhead fitting. It will resemble the one depicted below.

image-1791057960.jpg

A bulkhead fitting is simply a few pieces of PVC (in this case) that screw together to form a plug. A rubber gasket provides a seal against leaks. There is an actual plug that can be unscrewed if necessary. It might come in black which would make it less noticeable (although you could probably paint it). Down the road if you were to have a sump/external reservoir you could use the bulkhead fitting for connecting the appropriate plumbing.

+1 on the filter comment. You could probably add a second filter. I'd recommend the Hagen/Fluval AquaClear series.

The tank is a 20 gallon tank and the filter is rated for Up to 20 gallons of water

The actual "rating" on how much water a filter can clean is a joke. It depends on your bio load. But that's definitely too small of a filter, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom