Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to reneeanneb
HELP,75gal sprang a leak.

My 75 gal sprang a leak a week or so ago, thankfully I had my 55 gal still going with one fish. I have that fish in a 10 gal and drained the 55 gal and moved everything from the 75 over to the 55. I found a distributor to replace the tank. here is where I need help. I have CC and want to change over to sand when I swap back to the 75gal. if I use LS will it go through a cycle? I have lots of critters on my LR I would hate to lose.
Here is what I was thinking I would use a few cups of the CC mix it with maybe 1 bag of LS and the rest Playsand (If I can find it)? Anyone have any suggestions? Everything survived the swap from the 75 to the 55 but i'm worried about changing back to the 75, but I really need to get the CC out of there, the nitrates have never gotten under 20ppm and I know the CC is the culprit. Help

reneeanneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
You will probably be fine, maybe if you use alot of the water from the 55 when you do the move to the 75 it will smooth things out even more. Make sure you get some live sand when you do the transfer so it already has bacteria. I just setup a 37 gal and bought live rock and live sand, I put a 5 green chromis and a CBS the 5th day and everything is doing great. Good luck!

Don't skimp on the sand, I went searching for some aragonite play sand and decided to spend 40 extra bucks and made sure I did it right the first time.
37 gal all glass
50lb LR
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote

75g, 75gal, leak

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com