Help! Automatic Feeder question for trip tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tonysmomjodi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a ten gallon tank with five glofish danios, one black mystery snail, one apple snail, and one cory catfish. It is a hooded tank. We are taking a long trip starting tomorrow and bought an automatic feeder to feed the fish twice a day while we are out. The feeder looks like it will dispense accurately. The issue is that the only way to clamp it to the tank leaves the hood open. We are worried about the snails escaping, or our cat possibly bothering the fish and snails while we are out. We don't have the tools to cut a hole in the lid tonight to fit the feeder. Should we be concerned about the snails escaping? We are considering covering the top of the tank with aluminum foil (save the filter area and automatic feeder). Is this a crazy idea?

Sounds good to me :) I'm not aware of any issues with foil - perhaps rinse off in case. I have perspex covers with holes cut but that's more long term.

If you have a hang over back filter you can position the feeder to put the food where the water falls back into the tank the food will fall in with the water

Back
Top Bottom