Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help: Betta Tank Needs Tiny Heater

Don't have the heart to subject any more Bettas to my winter-chilled house without heating their water, somehow. Last year, I purchased a 7.5w heater designed for the 1-gallon tank. Ah-ha! Someone finally addressed the needs of mini-tanks. My thrill was short-lived. The heater fried my Betta. Temperatures hovered around 90-degrees! So much for label guidelines. Almost lost hope in finding a solution. Any ideas from the community?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How many tanks do you have?

I'm asking because if there's any way you are in the market for one (or more), I've been pleasantly surprised at the way Aqueon's Evolve4 holds heat without a heater.

I keep it at about 75F and when I do partial water changes, replace with water at that temp. The way the top goes on these things creates kind of a greenhouse effect, and the temp doesn't even drop at night. (I heat my home at 72F, so I assume that helps somewhat too.)

Every morning when I get up, I check both nanos (they each have a male betta in them), and the temp has held throughout the night.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a 1.5 gallon tank that i use for guppy fry and the heater in it is a marine land betta heater, i think its rated for 2-5 gallons, but i bought it from my lfs, and the temp is always at about 78
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh i was wrong its a deep blue betta heater that's for up to 2.5 gallons and it works great

Tags
betta, eat, eater, heater, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com