HELP - Bronen Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
HELP - Broken Canister Filter

Marineland C-220

During my cleaning i was putting all of the baskets back in and was ready to put the lid back on and close the hatches, but they were stuck. I tried taking off the lid, but when i did the little outflow tube broke off of it. It is what allows water to flow through the canister!

I haven't been able to find a replacement part and i can't afford a whole new filter at the moment

Last edited:
Looks like that is molded into the top assembly so IF you could find it , it would probably cost as much as a new filter . I would try to use some marine epoxy to fix it . Filter will be out of commission a day or two , but cheaper than a new one . Maybe even super glue gel would work .

Looks like that is molded into the top assembly so IF you could find it , it would probably cost as much as a new filter . I would try to use some marine epoxy to fix it . Filter will be out of commission a day or two , but cheaper than a new one . Maybe even super glue gel would work .

I managed to fit it back together for the short term and it's working seemingly fine. In the next couple days i'll try to get some epoxy for a longer fix. Thanks for the help!

U r welcome and glad u got it working . By the way where in Georgia r u ?

Ah , not too far from me . Hope your filter holds till you can fix or replace it .

Back
Top Bottom