Help! cant find pump -_-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel Name

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 days before my Amazon prime trial ends and Need a return Pump arrival before Christmas.

I cant find a single pump with flow rate information on Amazon.

I have a 40 gal tank with a 10gal sump and am looking for 320gph at a 5ft head pressure. 4ft vertical lift and 1 90 degree pvc at the return.
Do you know of any return pumps that would work that have information in the description that will allow me to calculate what the gph would be at 5ft headpressure? I'm not finding any online that have the spec information on flow rate per ft of lift. I've clicked on the first 100 pumps that came up in each of the searches and none have the info needed in description... what the heck do I do? I will keep looking though.

Everything i'm finding searching 320 GPH submersible pump or 320gph sump pump only lists stuff like this in the description
=========================================
Max Flow: 320 GPH (1200L/H), H-Max: 6.2Ft

Maximum flow rate: 660GPH

• ENERGY EFFICIENCY and HIGH LIFT--8.2ft High Lift
==========================================

But doesn't say how much Gph will be at the max 6.2 ft you see? So i'm not sure how to measure the difference between 2ft or 4ft lift.

What are the specs i'm looking for in a pump or even buying two smaller pumps that will average 320GPH at a 4ft lift?

Also on pet solutions they have mag drive pumps with all the ratings on the pumps then you can go on amazon and get one there I know they sell them good luck

I think your best bet would be to look up some different pumps (search for pump headloss curves) and then go to amazon to look for the specific models you find.

Keep in mind things like fittings and the length/diameter of the pipe will affect things too.

Here's another tool you can use to find head losses for specific pumps, maybe that would give you a place to start looking: Head Loss

Get a pump bigger then you need....Then install a ball valve after it in the return line..Perfectly safe and proper..You don't want to be maxing out your pump to get 'average' flow....
Plus one with the Jeboa DC pumps...Digital flow control so you save electricity also.I have switched from Mags to Jeboa DC.
The mag drives are good but louder then jeboa and will transfer heat to tank[3-4 degrees depending on tank temp].

Back
Top Bottom