Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-13-2017, 01:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Angry Help! cant find pump -_-

I have 2 days before my Amazon prime trial ends and Need a return Pump arrival before Christmas.

I cant find a single pump with flow rate information on Amazon.

I have a 40 gal tank with a 10gal sump and am looking for 320gph at a 5ft head pressure. 4ft vertical lift and 1 90 degree pvc at the return.
Do you know of any return pumps that would work that have information in the description that will allow me to calculate what the gph would be at 5ft headpressure? I'm not finding any online that have the spec information on flow rate per ft of lift. I've clicked on the first 100 pumps that came up in each of the searches and none have the info needed in description... what the heck do I do? I will keep looking though.

Everything i'm finding searching 320 GPH submersible pump or 320gph sump pump only lists stuff like this in the description
=========================================
Max Flow: 320 GPH (1200L/H), H-Max: 6.2Ft

Maximum flow rate: 660GPH

• ENERGY EFFICIENCY and HIGH LIFT--8.2ft High Lift
==========================================

But doesn't say how much Gph will be at the max 6.2 ft you see? So i'm not sure how to measure the difference between 2ft or 4ft lift.

What are the specs i'm looking for in a pump or even buying two smaller pumps that will average 320GPH at a 4ft lift?

Old 12-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

try little giant pumps on there web site is all the specs of all there pumps

Old 12-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also on pet solutions they have mag drive pumps with all the ratings on the pumps then you can go on amazon and get one there I know they sell them good luck
Old 12-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

These are great pumps.

https://www.amazon.ca/Jebao-DCS-3000...rds=jebao+pump

can adjust as needed.

Go onto the Pets and Ponds website for info. Talks about head height and all
Current Stock - 14 Columbia Tetra/11 Serpae Tetra/16 Prisella Tetra/6 Yoyo Loach/1 Red Tail Shark/10 Giant Danio /2 Lazer Corys/6 Bolivian Rams/4 Otocinculus /6 Borneo Suckers/ 1 Albino Bushy Nose Pleco/ Flame Moss / Moneywort / Vallesaris / Java Fern...
jeffruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think your best bet would be to look up some different pumps (search for pump headloss curves) and then go to amazon to look for the specific models you find.

Keep in mind things like fittings and the length/diameter of the pipe will affect things too.

Here's another tool you can use to find head losses for specific pumps, maybe that would give you a place to start looking: Head Loss
Tacit Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Get a pump bigger then you need....Then install a ball valve after it in the return line..Perfectly safe and proper..You don't want to be maxing out your pump to get 'average' flow....
Plus one with the Jeboa DC pumps...Digital flow control so you save electricity also.I have switched from Mags to Jeboa DC.
The mag drives are good but louder then jeboa and will transfer heat to tank[3-4 degrees depending on tank temp].

^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin, pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com