help getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaredjb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to be starting a 29gallon freshwater tropical tank. Should I buy a starter kit or purchase everything seperatly. Also if I go with a kit(and even if i dont) would you reccomend Aqueon or Marineland?
Thanks in advance

If this is your first aquarium a starter kit would be fine, if you decide you'er not into aquariums you won't be out a lot of money. Better to get your feet wet first before you jump in! :)

thanks for the responses. I'm going to go with a kit and upgrade as needed.
Any advice on which is better? Aqueon or Marinland?

Everyone has thier personal preferances as to brands. I personally like the Aqueon brand products. I have had them for years, and always had good luck with them.

I just got into the hobby recently and found everything on Craigslist. People are selling their aquarium setups all the time for FAR cheaper than what you would pay at any retail store. I also got all kinds of cool accessories (water conditioner, salt, API test kit, spare heater, tons of extra filter media, nets, etc), and some I didn't even know I'd need (like a breeding net, light timer, etc). Just something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom