HELP, how do install this ro/di unit???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just bought a coralife 76002 ro/di unit with a 30 gallon res.(trash can), a float valve installed and a rio 2100. along with a bunch of hose. i paid 80.00 bucks for all of it, is that a good deal or did i get "hosed" (pardon the pun)? unfortunatley i dont know how to install any of this stuff. i want to keep the resevoir out in my greenroom as the bulk of it will be used there. i would prefer to carry the 10 gallons a week into the house then the 30 outside.

what i dont understand is what all the different hoses are for. there is a large yellow one, a blue one and a red one.i imagine the red is for waste runoff or something since it runs the length of the garden hose and ends near the intake faucet. since i know the red is waste, either the blue or yellow has to be intake. i would guess the yellow since it is larger, but then what is the blue one for? and how do i connect the garden hose to the yellow? thanks a bunch

The blue is the good/filtered water. And yes, yellow is the intake. Red - waste.

Visit the local hardware store and talk to the plumbing folks. They'll get you a brass, garden hose type, compression fitting that will connect to the yellow (very small plastic) line.

Not sure about reservoir placement and how to maximize your stuff, but the float valve may be used in a number of ways IMO. In the tank sump for auto top-off from a FW reservoir, in the collection tub (I use 44g trash cans on wheels) to keep that water from overflowing, or in the waste tub (if you were collecting it for washine machine use, etc - wife wouldn't let me throw it away), or as I think I've seen - never had, as a shut off for the water supply to turn everything off when a container is filled.

melosu58 said:
Moved to proper forum

i noticed, it took me forever to find.....i found the website and got the pdf for the install. thanks for the help. :D

Back
Top Bottom