Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

help led lighting for saltwater reef tank

i would like to get an led light fixture for 29g saltwater tank. i have coralife t5 now several mushroom,zoos,frogspawn,red acans etc. i have been looking at the acan led lighting a104 but not sure if i can find a better deal or go with another company. any suggestion? pic? etc? i like the adjustability of acan led but the price i dont like. help me choose please?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

An AI sol would be a good option, maybe something from ecoxotic? Not sure on what you could find there though

I know Orphek makes some good fixtures, though I'm not too sure on the quality at all

Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #3

i have looked at them but hard to find, to be honest i had 2 marineland db led 36in over the 29g tank for awhile and nothing died everything looked good but i had some wierd things growing that nobody knew what was it.then i got coralife t5 and everything is great, but heat is an issue. i love the led lighting looking for advice. i have seen the acan lighting led and it is awsome. lots of growth of everything but the cost is up there. hows the marineland reef led? do you know?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
The marineland fixture kind of depends on what you want to keep. I have no worries that it could keep low light stuff like mushrooms or zoas but i'd be nervous putting anything else under it for a long period of time.

All of the ones idream listed are excellent. I have the AI SOLs and love them. Most places online are starting to have them in stock.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #5

were did u order urs from if u dont mind me to ask? what size would i need for a 29g? what are they going for?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got mine from my lfs. I'd think you'd only need one for a 29. they're 529 and on stock on aquacave.

Aqua Illuminations SOL Super Blue Modular LED Lighting System - AquaCave
Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #7

wow thanks for the info now one light should be enough for a 29g tank? and it is dimmable how does that work?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

it's dimmable with the controller. you have the ability to control white. blue and royal blue colors as well as set timers for them
Old 06-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #9

so it is almost like the acan led lights right? now how many would i need? i am assuming 1 right?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, only one would be fine for a 29G

Tags
led, led lighting, light, lighting, reef, reef tank, salt, saltwater, saltwater reef, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com