help led lighting for saltwater reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgizzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i would like to get an led light fixture for 29g saltwater tank. i have coralife t5 now several mushroom,zoos,frogspawn,red acans etc. i have been looking at the acan led lighting a104 but not sure if i can find a better deal or go with another company. any suggestion? pic? etc? i like the adjustability of acan led but the price i dont like. help me choose please?:banghead:

An AI sol would be a good option, maybe something from ecoxotic? Not sure on what you could find there though

I know Orphek makes some good fixtures, though I'm not too sure on the quality at all

i have looked at them but hard to find, to be honest i had 2 marineland db led 36in over the 29g tank for awhile and nothing died everything looked good but i had some wierd things growing that nobody knew what was it.then i got coralife t5 and everything is great, but heat is an issue. i love the led lighting looking for advice. i have seen the acan lighting led and it is awsome. lots of growth of everything but the cost is up there. hows the marineland reef led? do you know?

The marineland fixture kind of depends on what you want to keep. I have no worries that it could keep low light stuff like mushrooms or zoas but i'd be nervous putting anything else under it for a long period of time.

All of the ones idream listed are excellent. I have the AI SOLs and love them. Most places online are starting to have them in stock.

were did u order urs from if u dont mind me to ask? what size would i need for a 29g? what are they going for?

wow thanks for the info now one light should be enough for a 29g tank? and it is dimmable how does that work?

it's dimmable with the controller. you have the ability to control white. blue and royal blue colors as well as set timers for them

so it is almost like the acan led lights right? now how many would i need? i am assuming 1 right?

The lights from AquariumLEDSolutions are incredibly bright. I have a 55 gallon reef tank with SPS and LPS corals and two of their 60Watt panels mounted above do as well as my halides did with a lot of benefits. I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel on LEDs after getting a 48" marineland that claimed to be reef capable. It simply didn't have the power and wasn't bright enough. I do however wish AquairumLEDSolutions would have better mounting options for their lamps.

what happen with the marineland reef led lights? are those lights adjustable in color? any picture of ur tank? has anybody tryed cree led?

Marineland just wasn't bright enough. After a couple days my corals were retreating and I just wasn't satisfied and returned the unit to my LFS.

the lights u have can u adjust the colors? the look pretty cool

Just looking around they look like a great light, but since no one actually has one yet (aside from businesses and the like) no one has done any PAR readings on them.

I hope someone does soon, looks like a very high-quality and right now powerful pendant for an affordable price

yes they do look very powerful. has anyone tryed cree led lights?how are they?

What do you mean? Cree are a type of led, not a fixture. That'd be something you'd have to DIY.

I do know that the fixture I will post below uses Cree XR-E type LEDs, and it is quite potent.

Nanotuners.com

SWC CREE 60 WATT LED REEF AQUARIUM DIMMABLE FIXTURE it on ebay but there are other web sites i seen them on check it out tell me what you think

Back
Top Bottom