Help me find the perfect Skimmer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AH-99p

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have a 35Gallon Tank, and I'm looking to purchase a skimmer... My LFS sells a vast range of skimmers and their advice on which was the best boiled down to "personal preference"... being a n00bie I have no idea what is what?

I've spoken to a friend who owns a 90Gallon and he advises the V2Skim 400... but this is designed for 90Gallon tanks...

What would people on here advise?

You can't go wrong with a skimmer rated for more tank than you have...

I'm currently looking at the V2Skim 400 & 800... I'm swaying towards the 800.

edit: I believe that the V2Skim range is branded as "coralife skimmers" in america.

AH-99p said:
I'm currently looking at the V2Skim 400 & 800... I'm swaying towards the 800.

edit: I believe that the V2Skim range is branded as "coralife skimmers" in america.

anyone?

I did a quick search on that V2Skim and you are quite right. They look EXACTLY like my Coralife Super Skimmer. I can tell you that the Coralife Super Skimmers get great reviews by owners on this site. I purchased mine on the recommendation of at least 6 different members on this forum. I am still setting up, so I have no experience with it, but it looks to be doing an excellent job of making bubbles, and as I said before, has excellent reviews.

Thanks for your reply, pkremer. I'm going to pick up the V2Skim 800 on the way home from work (looking forward to it!).

Back
Top Bottom