help needed - stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend keeping them alone, it is normal for them to sulk for a while, mine did for two days after I got him. Also he's only ever flared once at me! Good luck with him :)

maestromad said:
I would recommend keeping them alone, it is normal for them to sulk for a while, mine did for two days after I got him. Also he's only ever flared once at me! Good luck with him :)

Thanks. Ill keep him alone. Any other fish I can get with him? It's a 40l tank and there's only 6 glow lights ,1 betta and 5 ghost shrimp in it. Any other fish i can add? I like black neons a lot do i have space for em?

I do PWC once a week and as I said before it's extremely densely planted

Can I keep a shoal of 5 harlequin rasboras with him? Its 40l and so far has
-shrimp
-6glowlights
-male betta

Do u think I would be overstocked?
Tnx!

I'm not sure I'm not very good with stocking numbers. The fish together should be ok, or you could up yr number of glow lights. Hopefully someone who's good with bioloads will chip in! :)

maestromad said:
I'm not sure I'm not very good with stocking numbers. The fish together should be ok, or you could up yr number of glow lights. Hopefully someone who's good with bioloads will chip in! :)

Thanks. I dont want to add more glow lights because they are a bit boring to me
Thanks!

Hope I can add more!

In this small tank, you're reaching your limit. As he matures, he may become more aggressive. If you allow him ample room in the tank, he may continue to be mellow towards your other species.

Keep in mind, it's not always about bioload when stocking a tank, it's about personalities and room to breathe, too.

LyndaB said:
In this small tank, you're reaching your limit. As he matures, he may become more aggressive. If you allow him ample room in the tank, he may continue to be mellow towards your other species.

Keep in mind, it's not always about bioload when stocking a tank, it's about personalities and room to breathe, too.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom