Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

help picking canister

have a 20g and I am looking at the rena xp1 or the fluval 205 I have seen mixed reviews on what one is better. I am looking for one that is as quiet as possible I know it is doubtful to get one virtually silent. I have 2 ocellaris clowns, cbs, and looking to get a wrasse or starry blenny opinions please

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

38 views no replies? went with the fluval 206

Old 01-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Sorry I missed this post last night ... I would've recommended the 206 ... can't go wrong with Fluval canisters. My 404 makes no sound at all. What media are you looking to do?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

there is a slight hum but I can live with it the "waterfall" from the hob had me pulling my hair out. As of right now I just have the stock media that cam with it carbon, ceramic, sponge etc. I only have a fowlr so I am assuming that media should be sufficient? Also how long should I let both filters run about a week?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
You'll have plenty of bio-filtration with the live rock and ceramics once your tank's seeded.

Tags
canister, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com