Help please-Fluval C4 owner-distance from aquarium to wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul1792

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to put a new Fluval C4 on my 29 gallon tank. I have 4 inches from the back of the tank to the wall. According to this chart

Comparison Chart for Aquarium Hang-On Power*Filters - Fish | Pet Care Corner by PetSolutions - PetSolutions Blog

I need 3 and 3/4 inches. However that chart also says the Fluval C3 only needs 2 and 3/4 inches when in fact I have one and it takes 3 inches.

Would someone who owns a C4 or who has access to one that is mounted on a tank please measure the distance I need between the back of the aquarium and the wall - Thanks in advance.

If a C4 won't fit, I'll just buy another C3. I am replacing the Aqua-Tech 30-60 on my 38 gallon with a two filter system. One aquaclear 50 + one Fluval C3. Interesting, I was going to get an aquaclear 70 which I know will fit @ 3 and 3/4 inches thanks to Thumper828 on this forum. But when the aquaclear 50 arrived yesterday from Amazon, I decided I liked the Fluval C series design better because it has so much more surface area for the use of polishing pads.
Edit: As it turns out, I have 4 and 1/4 inches behind the aquarium to the wall so I will be fine, even it turns out to require a full 4 inches. I will post back when it gets here in case the information will benefit someone else.

Back
Top Bottom