Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
help please ,guys, need advice on moving fish.

k, so my problem is im planning to move residencies and it is gonna be a pretty long drive. i love my fish and would be heartbroken if i lost any in the move, so my problem is it is cold where i live and will be about a 13 hour drive so im very worried about the temperature of the water ill be keeping my fish in will get too cold and my poor clowns will die. ANY advice what so ever would be greatly appreciated, im hoping someone in here has had to complete a fairly far drive with their fish and would have some advice on maybe a heater that would plug into a cars lighter fixture (any advice will be taken greatly appreciated) thanks guys.

mrlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
would get a inverter for the car that can handle a small heater and filter......

use some of your curent media in the filter

that way it has at least some filtration and heat !!!! filtration will provide air to

Turbo V6 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Yep. Plug the inverter into the lighter and power your transportable tank(s).

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
I second that. For $40 or less you could get a nice little inverter that plugs into your car cigarette lighter and then converts it over into the 110 house plug. I wouldn't think the heater and a filter would pull that much electricity that it could work. Then you use a bucket or rubbermaid container that has never been washed or anything and you should be good to go. Also, the darker you can keep the environment the less stress they will feel. They already have to deal with being sloshed around in the water. Just so you get an idea, this is what we are talking about.

Inverter (electrical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck
tmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote

moving, moving fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com