Help starting Fluval 405's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revchristinejday

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well my new-to-me 125 gallon arrived Sunday and working through to about 10 PM yesterday I cleaned and converted the formerly salt tank to fresh water for my goldies. I threw out all the old salt media from my new-to-me 405 which had no manual. (Don't worry I also just transfered over from the old tanks with media intact a cascade 1000, 55 Aqueon and AC 70, gravel plants etc.) So being resource I found a manual online. However, after struggling with the lock and aqua stop valves I got them in the correct position. Did some priming with the start lever. Heard some bubbling and and switched them on nothing. Checked everything the manual said--no loops of hose, etc. Properly latched... So I unplugged them

So I think I have some water in them, but not primed enough.

What next? Do I have to detach everything and start over? Do I have to empty the canisters? Please advise.

Thank you!

The impeller may not be pushed in all the way, happened to me when I did my first maintenance. I primed and Primed, but now water flowed. I removed the impeller cover, pushed down on the impeller and was good to go.

Back
Top Bottom