Help with Coralife Super Skimmer 65

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuwave59

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi! I just got my skimmer and I have a few questions.

I will install the skimmer in my sump. I was wondering if I could avoid using the bubble production diffuser (little box with foam in it) if I install a bubble trap with 3 acrylic baffles. I would have more place for my refugium.

Also, I'm having trouble installing the Air Intlet Silencer. Where do I place it???

Thank you!

the air inlet silencer goes on the end of the airline tubing. is it too late to return that skimmer? you are not going to be happy with it.

I'm on a budget so ill give it a try.
It's the little cynlinder that you connect a the top of airline that I don't know where it should go.

it just sits there. it's just a muffler so you don't hear the suction sound as much.
like this-
14942291f4bc8c.jpg

Ok! So as long as it's out of the water it's fine. I understand now! thank you! And do you think I can avoid using the little box with foam in it to stop micro bubble if I install a bubble trap?

It's not too small. It's a 14g High (20''x10''x16'') divided in two with a bubble trap. The left part for the skimmer, the right part for a refugium, but a bubble trap is for that purpose, stop micro bubbles am I right?

right the bubble trap should be all you need, the foam box is worthless imo. The only thing bad about the css is the rio pump is not very good quality.

Back
Top Bottom