Help with DIY Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah i suppose it does go over a bit.. I just looked at mine.

The water in line will get pushed and travel out as pressure builds and there us no where else for it to go.

Yeah i suppose it does go over a bit.. I just looked at mine.

The water in line will get pushed and travel out as pressure builds and there us no where else for it to go.

Okay, well I don't know how much more patience a person can have...its been 4 weeks now with mixing and waiting, remixing and waiting, remixing and waiting, I have even changed to 2 liter bottle and name brand yeast and sugar and still I am waiting and waiting and waiting.....I even made sure there are no leaks...what do I do now:confused::confused::confused::confused:

OMG!!!! I went and bought a mini fully submersible fliter to try as a diffuser and results are....drum roll..........Yayyyy it really worked, its working, its working, its working, yayyyy finally after 4 weeks of struggling to get it to diffuse....yes! yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
My days of being a mad scientist is finally over..yayyyyyyy

Congrats! Sorry to hear the Fluval diffuser didn't work. It might defective because i have two of them and they work (1 DIY system and 1 pressurized)...

Anyway, do you have a drop checker to make sure the diffuser is getting the co2 diffused in the water?

Congrats! Sorry to hear the Fluval diffuser didn't work. It might defective because i have two of them and they work (1 DIY system and 1 pressurized)...

Anyway, do you have a drop checker to make sure the diffuser is getting the co2 diffused in the water?

Are you speaking about the water bottle that is connected to the generator? If so right now I am getting 1 bps

Quick question, since I have diy co2 do I still need to dose EXCEL?

No a drop checker is an indicator that you fill with a solution (that reacts to the pH in you water) and 4 dkH. It basically turns color to give you a visual indication of how much actual co2 is being diffused into your water column. It's a VERY useful tool and one that I highly recommend, especially in DIY co2. It starts off blue, as co2 is being diffused in the water, it starts to turn green. Green is good, and is letting you know that you have enough co2 in the water. Yellow means you have too much co2 and could potentially nuke your livestock.

Amazon.com: U.P. Aqua Co2 Indicator: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com: Fluval CO2 Indicator Kit: Pet Supplies

4 DKH Reference Solution for CO2 Drop Checker Ph | eBay

What size tank are you using this DIY CO2 system in? It doesn't hurt to use Excel when there's not enough co2 in the water. If you have a larger tank, Excel is good to supplement the DIY co2 (which might not be enough on its own).

Congrats!! Glad to hear things are working for you finally. A drop checker is a good investment, or at least a co2 test kit. I still dose Excel, as the DIY don't supply quite enough co2. You will have happy plants now!! (y)

One other thing....when I see a drop in the water bottle, should the drops in the tank (diffuser) be in sync with it...basically if I have 1 bps in the bottle I should see co2 every sec in tank to?

No a drop checker is an indicator that you fill with a solution (that reacts to the pH in you water) and 4 dkH. It basically turns color to give you a visual indication of how much actual co2 is being diffused into your water column. It's a VERY useful tool and one that I highly recommend, especially in DIY co2. It starts off blue, as co2 is being diffused in the water, it starts to turn green. Green is good, and is letting you know that you have enough co2 in the water. Yellow means you have too much co2 and could potentially nuke your livestock.

Amazon.com: U.P. Aqua Co2 Indicator: Pet Supplies

Amazon.com: Fluval CO2 Indicator Kit: Pet Supplies

4 DKH Reference Solution for CO2 Drop Checker Ph | eBay

What size tank are you using this DIY CO2 system in? It doesn't hurt to use Excel when there's not enough co2 in the water. If you have a larger tank, Excel is good to supplement the DIY co2 (which might not be enough on its own).

20H and will I need all 3 of these items from the links you sent?

No just choose 1 of 2 drop checkers. I just linked two to choose from. The 4 dkh reference solution can either be made by you, which i felt I'd rather buy it to make things easier, or buy it. I bought the one i linked to and it works great.

No just choose 1 of 2 drop checkers. I just linked two to choose from. The 4 dkh reference solution can either be made by you, which i felt I'd rather buy it to make things easier, or buy it. I bought the one i linked two and it works great.

okay awesome..
did you see my post above about dps being in sync?
And how would i make the solution if I wanted to try it?

Well, I never seen them to be in sync really.. You'll just get bubbles coming out the diffuser when enough pressure has reached that point. But I guess what you see is what you get from your bubble counter in terms of bps.

Well, I never seen them to be in sync really.. You'll just get bubbles coming out the diffuser when enough pressure has reached that point. But I guess what you see is what you get from your bubble counter in terms of bps.

At first it was being diffused every 2-5 seconds in the tank and was every second in bubble counter.....as of right now I am getting diffusion every second in tank and in bubble counter and fish are acting normal, for now....
If I wanted to try to make the 4 DKH solution, how would I do it?
To clarify, you have the U.P Aqua CO2 Indicator, right?

Back
Top Bottom