Help with finding light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had this AquaTech 5 aquarium for years now, but recently the light fixture broke. Every time I put a bulb in it now the bulb immediately burns out. I contacted Marineland, who made AquaTech, and they said this model has been discontinued for years. They said I could try to find a new hood for the Eclipse 6 system. (The light is attached to the underside of the hood) I looked online and found one seller but it was out of stock. I've pretty much decided that I'll have to buy a different light fixture. The problem is I can't find one that will fit right. The length it needs to sit on is about 15 inches, but if course there are none of those, (that I know of). The best thing I've come up with is a Marineland 11 inch LED light fixture for $30. I think I might be able to attach something to extend the length to make it fit.

Any ideas?

I've included some pictures here below.

image-2681694262.jpg

image-2023307222.jpg

It needs to go across about where the ruler is, but the ends need to sit on the rims on both sides.

either fashion a light into the existing hood with glue, epoxy, or anything else or run it open top and use an led fixture that expands out. I know marineland makes them for sure. I'll see if i can dig something up for you and post up a link.

either fashion a light into the existing hood with glue, epoxy, or anything else or run it open top and use an led fixture that expands out. I know marineland makes them for sure. I'll see if i can dig something up for you and post up a link.

I didn't think to just glue it to the lid :/ I think that would work perfectly with the Marineland 11 inch. I've thought of open top but I want to keep it covered.

Thanks!

Ok, haven't gotten anything yet. Would condensation be a problem for a light like the marineland led $30 one?

If the light is made for aquariums it should be all right. THey are made to handle condensation. I would suggest two part epoxy glue to attach it. Very strong glue that will not give way due to water vapor. Clear silicone might work too. I have used it to attach things in a shower.

If the light is made for aquariums it should be all right. THey are made to handle condensation. I would suggest two part epoxy glue to attach it. Very strong glue that will not give way due to water vapor. Clear silicone might work too. I have used it to attach things in a shower.

Ok, thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom