Help with LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben18222

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this orbit marine LED light for my 75g tank and I don't know how to measure or the conversion of the LEDs I need for corals. This is the description of the light:

410348" - 60"46.8 x 3.5 x 0.4446 Watts96 Dual Daylight/96 Dual Actinic LEDs, 192 LEDs Total.

The combination of 8,000K/12,000K white along with 445nm/460nm actinic blue creates the perfect spectrum for marine fish, inverts, live rock and corals.
Will this be good enough for all types or corals specially anemones?

thanks for any help or info you guys can provide

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The orbit lights max out at softies and low light lps unfortunately, definitely not enough for nems.

The taotronics panels off amazon or eBay are about the best bang for the buck out there right now, they cover 2'x2' per panel and go for around $100 apiece and will allow you to keep any photosynthetic creature you'd like. Search 165w dimmable reef led and you'll find them, just make sure they're dimmable. There are other options out there depending on your budget

Budget want to stay under 200. Will look for those ones you mention. Thank you so much for your help

One more thing. Why do the need to be dimmable? Do led's need a special setting? Thanks

LEDs penetrate water amazingly, much better than bulbs. Right now I run my Ecotech Radions at 60%. At 100%, I burned all of my coral to death. You want to be able to acclimate things to the new lighting as well.

If your a diy type of person 100watt multichip make for powerful cheep lighting! A bit Cheeper then Tao lights and give a wonderful shimmer to the tank!

Thanks guys. I'm going to pick one of the 160w led's just not the taotronics as they are very expensive. I will be back to ask you a few more questions when I get it. Like the 60% ratio and all that.
Thanks again for the help guys.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415772362.777558.jpg
I have two 36" orbits on my 65 gallon. I like them, I have sps, lps, clams, zoas.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

None. I can't grow crazy stag horn corals but I'm not big into sps, I only have two. They ramp up and down gently plus have moonlight for four hrs at night, or you can just program them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom