Help with light mounting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill0181

Aquarium Advice Freak
How so I get these mounted above my jbj cube? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407284836.038917.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407284879.781273.jpg
No ceiling mounts due to vaulted ceiling no wall mounts due to wife, thinking of bending PVC pipe any other suggestions would help thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is that PVC how did you attach it to the tank? Looks great also!

It's conduit! I've seen people screw it walls with conduit brackets. Or in the back of stand with the brackets

I would use EMT. Electrical Metal Tubing is thinner than pipe and plenty strong to support a single Tao light.
Home Depot sells them in 10' lengths I think and you could probably bend it In their rental section.
3/4" EMT with a 90 bend at the top and a 45 kick at the top of the tank to get it to the middle. 1/2" would work too.

Thanks big help!

Any reason I can't cut a portion of the jbj hood out and justs set the lights on there I know it's only 5 inches just wondering ?

At 5 inches you might fry the corals. They make retro for kits for those hoods

I already have my lights just looking for a simple method to hung them and I just thought setting them on the good looked sleek I'm just going to use emt I think

Gotcha Frankie I'm hanging the right way I will post a pic later!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407453565.112185.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407453585.210981.jpggot the light up thanks guys!

That looks really good Bill! Might have to do that with my biocube eventually!

Wow that looks awesome! I like how you just did one pole and an elbow!! Nice lights.

I feel that LED give an HD look to a tank

Back
Top Bottom