help with my new protein skimmer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbon428888

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi , I just got a reef octpus bh=1000. I think I have followed the instructions however, When I plug it in the water rises up all the way to the top and continues to fill the top. I really need help. thanks

What do you mean to the top? It's supposed to fill up... Is it not draining into the return pipe on the left?

Welcome to AA :) and I think what is meant is your getting pure water right into the collection cup. Do you have it at the reccomended water level and using the correct pump? Have you adjusted the flow to try to decrease the amount and also keep in mind new skimmers usually have a 2 week break in period

Yea, i agree and I have the same skimmer... You want a really dry skim to start with, basically as much air as possible. So you will adjust the collection cup almost as high as it will go. Hopefully this is what you mean by "top". If not, please put up some pics I can definitely help, it took me a couple weeks to tune mine!

Back
Top Bottom