Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
help with new Rena tank

hi all im new to forum and need some help please , i have just acquired a 2nd hand large rena tank approx 25/30 gallons for my two goldies as an upgrade from smaller tank (15 gallon approx)

my problem is this ; the tank is the type that has a floating bottom ? i.e - is has a polysyterene disc /mat to support bottom of tank but i dont have the original cabinet for the tank .
having never owned a rena tank im unsure as how to set it up , i have a decent enough cabinet to sit it on but i dont know if the metal rim of tank should over-hang the cabinet thus putting all the weight on the polystyerene pad or should the metal fame of tank actually be sitting directly on top of the cabinet ?, i have looked at losta of pics and this is the closet picture i can find to my tank which is still in garden until i know how to set it up , hope someone can help as im really excited for my new fish to have a much bigger home but very important as i live on second floor and would be disaterous if there was an accident with tank , thank you for ant help and much respect

now i will try to add picture hey that was easy my tank is bigger than this one but same model i think /very thick strong glass , i will get exact measurement asap
formyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

rena, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com