Help with plumbing and sump, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katweet

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm upgrading to a 29g nano fowlr with 10g DIY sump and I have quite a few questions.

I'm planning on buying this 300gph CPR continuous siphon overflow (Aquarium Overflow Filters: CPR Continuous Siphon Overflow) and this pump (KollerCraft Aqua Lifter: Aquarium Dosing Pump) to keep the siphon from breaking. I'm very concerned about flooding; will this setup keep my siphon from breaking as it claims? Do I need to purchase the filter fitting to keep the pump from clogging?

I'm using this 296gph return pump (Aquarium Water Pumps & Water Movement: Lifegard Aquatics Quiet One Pro Aquarium Pumps). Will that be adequate?

How do I install this equipment? Is it just a matter of buying the correct size PVC pieces, some PVC glue (or threaded joints?) and mounting brackets? How do I fit the PVC to the overflow box and return pump? Should the overflow pipe sit inside the water in the sump, or just over it? Should the return pipe shoot water downwards into the display tank or horizontally, and does it also rest inside the water?

How and how often do I maintenance this equipment? How can I prevent the pipes from clogging? How can I keep this system as quiet as possible? Do you guys have any other tips?

Back
Top Bottom