Help with protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Reef Octopus BH-2000 on my 55 gal FOWLR for about 2 months and the thing works amazingly.
I was upgrading my canister to a Fluval, and when I went to turn the filter on and fill it, I didn't realize how much water it was gonna require. The water line dipped below to intake pipe of the skimmer and it started sucking air, I quickly unplugged everything and topped my tank back up. When everything was settled and the canister was working right, I plugged the skimmer back in and now it's producing massive amounts of microbubbles. I never had this problem before 2 nights ago.

Anyone had any experience with this skimmer, and have any ideas on how to stop the bubble or what could of caused it.

I never used the skimmer you have and I'm no expert but when my skimmer starts to put out microbubbles I just have to adjust it. It's worth a shot. Wish I could be more help.

I've been adjusting it like crazy. I either get no bubbles in the chamber or I get a million microbubbles filling my tank.
Thanks though...Maybe I just need to be more patient and play with it more

My skimmer is really hard to adjust.I turn mine up until the tank gets filled with microbubbles then slowly back of until they stop. Then I just walk away so I don't keep messing with it. It seems to work for me.

Back
Top Bottom