Help with Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justdawn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Newbie here, have had a fresh water tank (55 gallons) for quite sometime now and am in the process of setting up a saltwater tank (55 also). I bought it from a co-worker that no longer was using it and it has the main components to it. Unfortunately I'm not able to reach him at the moment to see how the skimmer is setup. I have pictures that you can see here. The pieces may be upside down, not sure. :)

Pic 1

Pic 2

It also comes with an air pump. I'm not certain how it is to be hooked up. I have a sump tank (20 gallons) that I plan on placing it into. Any advise or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dawn and Chris
justdawn@igcomputers.net

The way it looks is that pic 2 will go on top of pic 1. air line hose should go somewhere near bottom. Hard to tell but I think that is right. By the way Welcome to AA

Thanks for the greeting and quick response.

I thought that would be the case to, but when we got the skimmer, he has a hose connected to the part in pic 2, which is confusing me.

Again thanks, and any help is appreciated.

Dawn and Chris
justdawn@igcomputers.net

I dont know about hose in pic2 but you do have a hose in the other pic hookrd up in it and a small power head on the other end probably.

Back
Top Bottom