Help with T5 lights???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chireaux

Aquarium Advice Regular
I ran across this T5 lighting on amazon. It looks like its for agriculture but my question is, Would this also work in an aquarium? The lights are called sunblaze and it seems to be the same lights I have seen on other aquarium websites, just cheaper. I realize I would need to use different bulbs...but here is the link...Sun Blaze™ 44 T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture - 4ft 4 Lamp

ps I am just starting my first aquarium. I built the stand and canopy for a 55 gal tank, just trying to fig everything else out.

I use a 2' 24w single tube T5HO from Sunlight Supply for my countertop tank and it works very well. I have it suspended about 3" from the surface. I'm not a lighting expert but the reflector seems to be of no less quality than my Nova Extreme's.

What I like most about this particular fixture is that it can be daisy chained with others, so if I decide I want to go to 48w or 72w all I have to do is buy the extra fixtures/reflectors and attach them with the included hardware.

I picked mine up at a hydroponics supply shop, I figured if it was good enough for that it'd be good for my lil' tank.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the 2' 24w one I have runs very cool. It's barely even warm after running for 8-10hrs, which is a lot more than I can say for some other fixtures I've had.

Back
Top Bottom