Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hesitation Purchasing a tank

Okay Hello everyone!

I'm a rather new hobbist that is suffering from information overload and indecisiveness. I've been shopping around to purchase a new tank. (I currently have a 10gal with no fish ) I found a 65 gallon tank and stand on craigslist for $190. It's square 24" w/d and 26" tall. It comes with a light that is "zoomed", an aqua clear 70gal filter system, and an optima air pump for 30+gal. The owner gave me all the info, and said that the tank was previously used to take care of aquatic plants.

I'm wanting to set up an aquarium for a few puffers (maybe dwarf puffers so that I can have more) and potentially one or two other inhabitants and would like to know if anyone has experience with any of this equipment and can give me an idea of if it will be appropriate for a moderately planted habitat. Also, tips on what to look for when I go to take a look at it would be great! ie:if there is a way to tell if the filter was taken care of... just things that a new aquarist may miss.

Once I gain some experience i think that I would really enjoy playing around with a "bottomless" tank and think that the size of this one could enable me to set up my 10 gal with it? Advise/experience in this area would be really welcome too.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Old 10-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hmm.... Googling for a "Zoomed" aquarium light brings up a brand "Zoo Med" Is this what he's probably talking about?

Tags
chasing, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com