high pressure tap and R/O unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad.Sedore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i bought a coralife pure-floII 24 gpd unit last night... but my problem is that the tap in the basement has very high pressure... so my question is. do i have to adjust my tap to only make 24 gallons a day.... or is the water fine running that fast. to give you an idea last night i put a 5 gallon jug in the sink. went out for 2 hours... came back and it was overflowing full

-Brad

Your manual should have a psi pressure range (usually around 60). If your pressure range is over the recommended mark then I imagine you can use a valve to reduce the pressure. Unless you have an automatic rodi then I don't trust leaving them without being able to check on them often.

its set up in a 150 gallon sink so it should be fine for a few hours. i dont even think the tap itself would fill up the sink in an hour.

i took apart the top filter to see if i could see anything wrong in there... the O ring wasent in right it was on a mean angle... corrected it. should be good now.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom