HOB Filter Intake Tube Too Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manic Fury

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone.

Trying to upgrade my filter on my 30 gallon long tank. I have a brand new Aqueon Quietflow 55/75. When I put it on the back of my tank I noticed the intake tube is too long and I can't fit it in. The tube on it has a kind of telescopic adjustment that let's you raise or lower it. I have it all the way up but it's still too long.

Do you think I can cut the plastic with a saw and somehow glue it back on? I really want to get this thing started up as my old filter is starting to go out on me.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes you can. I have done the same thing before. Just be aware that when you cut it there is no returning the item.

Ah, aquarium silicone. Didn't even think of that. I was wondering what I could use to "glue" the pieces back together without the potential of leaking nasty chemicals into the water.

Thanks for the suggestions.

:cool:

If you can find a 90 degree (or even a 45 degree) PVC elbow that matches the outer diameter of the filter intake then you can use it as a connector. As long as the fit is snug, you won't need silicone.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom