HOB fOR 29 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caribou

Aquarium Advice Freak
:onfire: I"m giving a friend my empty 29 gal tank and they will be needing to get a new filter to go with it. I prefer canister filters myself but their set-up is better suited to a HOB filter. Any suggestions for brands and flow rates would be appreciated. Thanks!

AquaClear Model 70 you can get it at Big Als online for about 23.00 or so. It's rated at 300gph so that would give you a little more than 10x an hour filteration on the tank. With the AC you can mix and match the media that you need/want to use also. Mine works great.

i agree, i love the aquaclear. I have to 70's on my 55 gallon and my friend has a 110 on her 55.

I agree with aquaclear.. best HOB Ive ever owned..
but as for size.. I would recomend the 300 for heavy poluting fish..
I would find out what your freind wants to keep and deside on wich model based on that information..
a smaller model would be suffecent for light bio-load fish such as a comunity tank..

the former aquaclear 300 which filters 300 gph is the current aquaclear 70. They've changed the names from gph to what size tank they are rated for.

I now only use aquaclear for my HoB filters. Biowheels were to noisy and erratic and I had a tetratec once. Waste of my money IME.

I like the Aquaclears too. I've used them on a few of my tanks and they are much quieter than other HOBs. Best value IMO. :D

Back
Top Bottom