Ahh TG you are so bad, Im telling on you right now.... (Just kidding of course) I wont tell... by the way.... I just spoke with a friend from the LFS
and asked him what he thought about the whole issue at hand. He said what he has reccommended to some in the past, is if it is a HOB
, take it apart and wash it thourghly, exluding the electrical attachment of course, and fill an unused QT
with water and bleach solution, after it is washed and disinfected as well, then add a fungus, parasite, and ick medication... drop the whole filter unit, minus the electrical pump attachment, in the water and completely submerge it for a couple days. then take it out and rinse well. After it has dried, swab the inside and out with Isopropyl alcohol, and let it dry for a couple days. Then swab the inside of the pump attachment with the alcohol. It wont harm fish since the alcohol will completely evaporate in a matter of minutes. Then rinse again, and your good to go. I know it sounds like alot just to change the tank you use it in, but I think it is the safest route to go aside from not using it on the main tank at all. Id like to hear opinions from other Aquarium vets about this method...