HOB Skimmer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madmax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I'm newbie from Hong Kong and would like to ask few questions about HOB skimmer. Actually I am running a reef tank with 150L water with 7 2" fishes and I'm looking for a skimmer can operate with high performace. Furthermore, I just wondering which HOB skimmer should I pick, either Deltec MCE600 or Aqua C Remora Pro. Please advice if you pros have a better one. Thx a lot

Yeah I hear the Coralife Super SKimmer is awsome. The Remora Pro is a good choice as well. I have a Bak Pak 2R that works well for me, but will most likely be way to small for your needs.

I have a CPR Bak Pak Reef Ready unit that works very very well and stays in tune quite well also. The only complaint I have is the unit is loud. If you have a fish room that is fine but in a room where family members gather it is annoying!

the remora works well also but it is very loud. mine causes alot of bubbles too. im using the overflow box and its hard to keep adjusted.

ok thx a lot for the advice , and nice people you have here :wink: , so is anyone heard of the Deltec one? is it good in performance?

I have a Deltec MCE600. It is very good. Is amazing how much dirt it skims. The only problem is early models had a bad batch of rubber bushes for the pump. The bush would worn in about 3 months time and the pump will become very noisy. Deltec has since modified the bushes and is okay now. I would also buy a couple spare bushes just in case. I have seen the MCE600 on sales in Hong Kong before and the prices is very similar to the UK.

Back
Top Bottom