Hooking up RO/DI??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you have to hard line an RO/DI system in, or you can kinda use it once a week and put it away? I'm not familiar with setting these up and don't want to mess with my plumbing, so I was wondering if you could just connect it directly to the sink faucet (kinda like with an adaptor for a Python siphon) for use one at a time and fill up a bucket??

They fit perfectly to the same adapter as my python.. (i have the metal adapter not plastic) I hook mine up once a week to make new top off water and saltwater then back in the closet it goes since I don't want to puncture the plumbing since I'm renting.

Nice thanks MRC... What kind of system do you have and do you have a pic of what it looks like hooked up to the sink at all?

I have the brs 4 stage Ro/Di. They have three lines one red one blue one black. The red line is the input line that you just screw onto the sink with the adapter. The black line is waste water which you will want to run into the drain or a seperate container for watering plants. The blue line will be your purified water which you usually get 1 gallon purified to 3 gallons waste.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121004_084133.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121004_084133.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 125
Awesome! Thanks so much dude... I was kind of overwhelmed with all the lines and stuff it was making me very hesitant to buy one... Since its this easy, I'm gonna order one this weekend :cool: Do you think they're all that easy to hook up??

I know all the brs model are but I imagine they are all the same just using different colors for the lines since its all the same idea. Sink water in, purified water and waste water out.

When ordering though must have accessories are a flush kit and dual inline TDS meter. Some others that are nice is a pressure gauge and you can also get a 150gpd upgrade kit which is a second membrane. That will decrease the amount of waste water and produce more purified water leading to it being about twice as economical but most people need a booster pump to keep the needed pressure for the upgrade which the pumps can be expensive (about $100)

And one last thing if you have a lil extra money when ordering I would just go ahead and get a few extra filters and Di resin so when you do start getting TDS readings you aren't waiting on new filters in the mail (a full filter replacement on the 4 stage is like $35 so not to bad

Mrc8858 said:
When ordering though must have accessories are a flush kit and dual inline TDS meter. Some others that are nice is a pressure gauge and you can also get a 150gpd upgrade kit which is a second membrane. That will decrease the amount of waste water and produce more purified water leading to it being about twice as economical but most people need a booster pump to keep the needed pressure for the upgrade which the pumps can be expensive (about $100)

Ok cool thanks! I guess BRS has a good sale right now on a 4 stage with the TDS meter and pressure gauge... I gotta find the thread again, someone had posted it!

That's not to bad but you can get into a group buy and get 15% more off. There's one going on now as we speak. Search the threads for group buy and ask fort if you could be added to the list

I'm already a "preferred reefer" from the last group buy... It's 6% off on this system...

Benamayer said:
I'm already a "preferred reefer" from the last group buy... It's 6% off on this system...

Hey 9% more is worth the pm lol

I think that fort is hosting this group buy.. just find the op of the new group buy thread

So BRS has a system that removed chloramines, and says the other RO units do not remove chloramines from the water... But do the RO/DI units remove chloramines, or should I need to add some chlorine remover to the RODI water that is produced?

Back
Top Bottom