Hot Magnum Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biggmike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

We are new to the hobby and need some advice. I can not get my filter to prime. I may have the parts mixed up. At one point it would start pumping but lose it's prime and now it won't even start pumping. :cry:
Please help me. Mike

Big Mike, I have the original instructions booklet, I can scan the illustrated section and email it to you if you need it. You may be able to find it at marineland's website, tho...Otherwise, I have found that this helps: When you assemble the filter after cleaning (assuming that its assembled correctly) get ALL the air out of it as best you can. I do this by holding down the top-most part that you see BEFORE the lid goes on (mine is translucent blue) and filling it till the trapped air bubbles are out, jiggling it just a little helps. Then, assemble it all the way, hang it on the back of the tank, and rotate the outlet tube until it is pointing straight up vertically, and using a cup pour tank water back down the outlet tube till this overflows. Then I can usually start it pretty well primed. But the fact that you say it won't even pump scares me. I see you posted this yesterday, so hopefully you got it going.

Sicklid

Thanks so much Sicklid. I re-assembled it as to the manual and it works perfectly. :D Biggmike

Back
Top Bottom