HOT magnum micron filter questions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well today I bought a HOT magnum with the micron filter which I plan to add some diatom powder.

I have the filter up and running and have had the micron filter soaking in water for over 8 hours now.

The instructions say to let the micron filter soak over night but what I want to know is my 8 hours good enough?

Also I did a 30gal water change yesterday with some RO water, when should I test the water?

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Jeff

My Magnum 350 manual didn't say anything about soaking before charging with diatom powder. Since this uses the same filter as the HOT magnum, I assume the same will apply <NOTE - no personal experience with this - filter alone is good enough for me>

The only place that say soak overnight is in cleaning a clogged filter - you soak that in bleach solution overnight to clean it. From my manual, I would say no need to soak if you are using a new filter.

Whats your tap water para's after standing 24 hours. PH, Amon, Phos, Nitri, Nitra, GH, KH????

Perhaps your throwing darts in the dark?

I never soaked my micron filter before using. It worked fine with the diatom powder added.

Back
Top Bottom