Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Putting a timer is a great idea. I have mine setup where I have a one hour break to let the fixture cool off. I set it like 3 hours on, 1 hour off, 3 hours on then off for the rest of the day.

Squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Cornstar Send a message via Skype™ to Cornstar
I think I would love to buy a timer, but I am doing some research prior to buying one and I can not seem to decide which would be good for my lights. I hear many that are cheap only lasts for a month or so and I would like one for the long-term

Anyone has any recommendations?

"Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep going"
Cornstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #13
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Cheap has always worked fine for me. Also, buy at a hardware store like HD or Lowes. They cost three times as much if they say fish on the box at the pet store.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
The $5 brinks timers from Walmart have always worked well for me. Harbor Freight has a dual outlet digital timer that is identical in every way to the expensive Hamilton brand... for about $5 as well.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

fixture, t5ho

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com