Hot water it the tank, need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anaxis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a fully stocked 60 gal freshwater. I'm looking to buy a water chiller (preferably external unit) but most websites don't offer a description on which chiller is right for me. Any suggestions?

Most folks don't use a chiller for freshwater, may I ask why your looking? I don't have any advice regarding which unit but I'm just curious.

Welcome to AA.

My central heat and air doest reach the upstairs well and the upstairs window units are not doing the trick to lower the temperature in the hallway although the doors are kept open to cool the area. I have cichlids, non-agressives, and a bgk. The water temperature is about 84 degrees during the day. As the summer gets into full swing the water could potentially raise to temperatures exceeding 90 degrees, so I need a chiller to prevent this from happening.

Have you tried taking a fan and blowing air across the top of the tank? Does the tank have a glass canopy or a wooden hood?

Last edited:
It's a plastic assembly, I keep the access doors open. It also has plenty of water circulation from my fluval 305 and aquaon 60/125. It's not the fish tank that's the problem, it's the external temperature of the actual house.

Back
Top Bottom