How bad is this chip/crack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I picked up my 65G 2 weeks ago, and it has been up and running for 6 days. No fish as it's cycling. Today I noticed what looked like and air bubble in the corner seal, and upon closer inspection it seems to be a small crack underneath the silicone. It looks as though something has hit the tank right on the corner - either it happened in my care (unlikely) or I wasn't thorough when I bought the tank used.

How bad is this? Is there any way to fix it? Is the tank garbage now? Should I drain the water and cut my losses before it cracks and shatters? :(

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455912774.239212.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455912786.637603.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455912798.219371.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455912808.287796.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does the seal still feel solid inside the tank and not moving?

You could try filling the tank right to the top to put pressure on it and see if you do get a leak.

To me I thought it might be ok (hopefully your tank hasn't exploded in the mean time!).

Does the seal still feel solid inside the tank and not moving?

You could try filling the tank right to the top to put pressure on it and see if you do get a leak.

To me I thought it might be ok (hopefully your tank hasn't exploded in the mean time!).

The seal still feels quite solid. I marked the edges of the "bubble" to see if it got bigger and it hasn't. Still full of water and running. At this point I've already found a 125 for a better deal so am looking to sell/get rid of this one, if anyone in Ontario, Canada wants it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

looking at this pict as the chip is at least 1/2 the size of the seal I would be weary
attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom