How can you plumb in a feeding tube to the return pipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomStav

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Saw an episode of Tanked recently and they plumbed in a tube to the return pipe from the sump that they dumped in the food so it came shooting out into the main display tank, has anyone ever done this? How do you set it up so it doesn't shoot water in your face when you put the food in? I can't find the episode that had it.

I saw that episode the other day and was wondering how to plumb it also. It was episode #3 they didnt show much about how they did it or how it works anybody have any ideas

jbird79 said:
I saw that episode the other day and was wondering how to plumb it also. It was episode #3 they didnt show much about how they did it or how it works anybody have any ideas

Awesome, I had no idea what episode it was. When I get a chance I'll post a clip of it and see if anybody here has ever tried it. I'm curious on how they did it.

Stand pipe with double shut off valves maybe. Close bottom valve, open top valve, put food in close top valve open bottom valve? Might work:confused: Just an idea!!

Thats what i was thinking. But i was wondering if someone had pics or something

Built one for the hell of it when I first started my build. Used 3 gate valves and an oversized pipe plumbed into the return pipe/pump of my sump. The oversized pipe had 2 valves. Both are kept closed. Opened top valved, inserted some pellets and closed top. Opened bottom valve at bottom of angled oversized pipe. Had another smaller gate valve on the main return pipe (above the bottom gate valve on main return line). Closed this valve. Opened 2nd valve on oversize feeding pipe, then opened the smaller valve on the main return line and off the food would go. Closed the bottom valve on oversized feeding pipe and was good to go.

Initially I tried with just a combination of 2 valves but it didn't work too well. Food would get stuck in the pipe and valves. Using the 3rd valve helped a lot more to flush water into the oversized feeding pipe.

Back
Top Bottom