How do you all like your UV sterilizers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Did your UV sterilizer help to control bacteria and parasites in your tank?

• yes, made a huge difference

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, but only a small difference

• no, it was a waste of money

• Total voters

vipvenom

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I am having some issues with my tank and was reading up on UV sterilizers and was thinking of getting on but I thought that I would ask you all your opinion first. Also feel free to give your problem and what it did for your tank.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm wondering the same thing! Just thinking of adding one myself.

Love it, wouldnt get rid of it for the world. Keep in mind i only have a FOWLR tank but it has given me that peace of mind. Not to mention the clarity of the tank has been amazing.

Well worth it, IMO

Steve

I had a HUGE Ich outbreak that took all but 2 fish. After adding the UV Ster, I can now add fish without their demise. I no longer see any signs of Ich on any of my fish.

A UV sterilizer is not a guarantee that you can successfully add fish without quarantining them. Vip...your best bet would be to setup a QT tank and you will take a much larger step towards protecting your investments.

I am not looking to add fish without a proper QT. I am looking for something that will keep any bacteria or parasitic outbreaks to a minimun in the future.

I have never had a bacteria or parasitic outbreak in my tank. This is because I QT my fish and only feed proper foods.

If you add a bit of garlic to your fish food it will keep the fish clear of ick, btw.

I have used two different styles from two different companies. I could never tell any difference in the tank if they were on or off.
One of them I thought was on, was actually off for quite awhile. It had leaked internally through the plastic hose, cracked and shorted the UV lamp, and was totally rusted apart inside.

I like mine also because it controls algea spores. I personally think it controls free floating parasites but that is IMO

Back
Top Bottom