How do you fix a Powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a powerhead, fairly new, and it's making a lot of racket. How do you get it to stop? I've opened it up, pulled the impeller out and cleaned everything, and it still makes a lot of noise. Any other ideas of what I can do?

I've had the same problem LWB, not much you can do. I had it happen with a Rio 400, brand new in the box. No matter what I did it was noisy. It drove me nuts. I took it back and got another one, same model, this time it was fine. Must have got a lemon first time round.

could be the impeller but most likely the unit if the impeller looks ok. Rio's are not know for being dependable.

Mine's not a Rio, but a Maxijet 600. 2 of the 3 are very noisy. So, what did I do? Replaced them with Aquaclears and Rios, lol. Silent now, lol.

I had a problem w/ mine and found out that the magnet in one of them was not as strong as my other one.

Aquaclears are supposed to be good. Never used on myself. Maxijets are probably the most popular PH around since the are durable, have low power consumption and are relatively cheap.

Back
Top Bottom