How do you guys power everything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all

I have a mess of wires ,as Im sure most of us do, that power everything.I was just wondering what you guys are doing... Power strips, any custom elec boxes out there ??? with all the timers and plugs Im running out of room..lol any pics would be helpful too Thanks

Yeah tell me about it. I just got Elec bill with new mh light... over $200 yikes

A/C has a lot to do with it also :)

Power strips and a UPS back up in case the power kicks. You always want to keep the tanks heated and circulating somehow.

I made a power board with a dedicated 15 Amp connection to the main panel. The board is split in 2 seperate switched circuit protected with GFI. One never knows.... AC and salt water.... Eewww... :wink:

8)

I just ran a 150' extension cord to my neighbors outside outlet and covered it with leaves. I'm going to bury it in conduit when they go on vacation..... :lol:

??... are you going to like drill a hole in the wall? or keep a window open all the time?

lol if needs be, i have a old Directv hole where the line runs strait to my nighbors who keep nagging me about my flowers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hmmm time to go sneaky neeky!

ahahah. you could just tap into their main power line. like underground. like the rats of nimh did

Back
Top Bottom