How good are these lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which light did you get? The single or double (2 bulbs or 4)? With the 4 bulbs you'll have 4x96w = 384 watts which should be fine for jsut about anything you want to put in there.

There is only 2 bulb options for 24" on that page (30 gal gal high is 24x12x24), the 4 bulbs are for 72" long lights. That would give you 130w total or about 4.3 wpg. Enough for low to medium light corals. With the height of that tank you may want to consider MH also if you can afford it.

I figured the height of the tank would be a problem. I am limited with space. I figured it would be better to have a 30H compared to a regular 20 gal. I figure the more water would make it easier to care for. This is my first Saltwater after over 20 years of freshwater tanks. I am in no rush to put corals in the tank. I have been planning for months and I am going to take it slow.

i got the orbit 36" 96W x 2 for my 30g L last week. let me tell you, it's awesome. it looks 50 times better than my old NO light. great buy!

Thanks for everyones input. I can't wait to start setting up. I am going on vacation to Las Vegas monday. When I get back in a couple of weeks I will start setting it up. I purchased a digital timer. Does anyone have suggestions on how long each light should be on?

10-12 hours is the norm. I keep mine on from 9am-9pm so I can still enjoy them when I get home.

I was figuring 9am to 9pm. Then have the Lunar lights on 9pm to 9am. Am I right or would that be no good? Should there be a time when everything is off?

Back
Top Bottom