How high do you keep your water level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im just curious as to where everyone keeps there water level? Do you keep it so you can see the top when veiwing the side of the tank, or do you fill it all the way up so its all water when veiwing? In my FW tanks I fill it all the way up but with my sw since there is so muc movement I like to keep it so you can see the water line "waving" around.

I personally fill it up. On my new tank I have an overflow filter and when I am running it (around 530 gph) it keeps my water line just above the top frame. Exactly where I want it. :)

I have seen others that keep their line below the frame too. And the waves are cool. :mrgreen:

I personally like to keep the water line not seen..!!
Me too. I like it to look like the tank is full of air and everything is floating or blowing in the breeze. Visible water lines are hideous IMO LOL.

ditto, i fill up untill the bottom of the lip that the lids sit on is under water, but the top isn't. plus that way my barras don't make a hell of a racket when they jump.
sthlippery little sthuckers

I for one have never liked to see the water line ( that's 45 years of keeping the water above the frame edge!!). To me the low water line makes the tank look neglected. Did I really say 45 years? Yep, but all in freshwater until now! Hey, you're never too old for a new challenge! Thanks, aa... :D (Love from your grandmother!)

Back
Top Bottom