How is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know anything, good or bad, about the Cascade. I do want to point out that when I used an HOB filter on my 55, I couldn't place it in the center because of the center brace. Since I wasn't getting even circulation, I had to place a powerhead on the other side to help the water move.

I use Cascade's and love them. But for a 55 gal tank, you may want to look into a canister. It will provide extra filtration. The Cascade canisters are superb. They are a pricier, but well worth it IMO. If you do decide on a canister, the 1000 would be sufficient.

I actually got the cascade internal canister filter, the 600. They didn't have the 1000. I am going to purchase an additional 20 gallon cascade internal probably next month to up the filtration but this should do it for now.

I use to have an internal cascade filter and it worked great until I broke it (I was trying to twist a part that was not intended to be twisted).

Back
Top Bottom