How many GPH pump do i need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakabena74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gal freshwater tank with a 35 gal sump. The pump that came with the set-up has quit. What GPH rated pump should i be looking at getting. I've looked online trying to figure this out but there are so many conflicting answers. Some said we would need a pump that will move around 4 times the gallons of our tank per hour, others said 10 times. Please help!!

Another thing, we bought 2 Fluval heaters that say they are submersible, but when we took them out of the package, they had a maximum water line on them. Again, looking online, I have read that they are fully submersible and other posters have said no they're not. Anybody know the answer to this??

Ok, anywhere from 5-10x overturn is good. It's really what you prefer. And for the heaters, it says that because if its fully submersed there is a chance the deal will fail and water will get inside the heater causing it to die and possibly nuke the tank (constant heating, happened to mine, but I found the issue before anything bad happened). Oh and mag drive pumps are great.

Back
Top Bottom